Whilst we will try to ensure that the information contained on this site is true and accurate, we can give no guarantee to that effect. We cannot therefore, in any circumstances, accept responsibility for errors or omissions or for any action or decisions based on the information. Neither can we be responsible for the consequences of reliance on that information. Any information of an advisory nature is general only and cannot be regarded as applicable to a specific case.
Whilst we try to keep our anti-virus software up-to-date, and to scan all attachments, we cannot accept responsibility for damage arising from computer viruses or similar effects; you will be responsible for checking that any incoming email and attachments are uninfected. Please also be aware that email is not a fully secure means of communication, and if you do not want us to use it to contact you please let us know.
The materials contained on this site are copyright to us and may be subject to other intellectual property rights. Whilst the pages may be downloaded or copied for the purposes for which the site is intended, such copies may only be used by you and not for any commercial use without our express consent. All copyrights and trademark notices, marks, disclaimers and other such elements must be preserved and upheld at all times.
We own the copyright in all Electricity North West material on this site. For this purpose “Electricity North West material” means any literary or artistic work of which we (or our employees) are the author or creator. We do not own the copyright in material posted on this site by third-party users but, by using this site and/or posting material on it, users warrant and agree that:
- they are entitled to post such material and doing so will not infringe any third party rights;
- the material they post will not be defamatory, abusive, unlawful or obscene;
- they will take all reasonable steps to observe and ensure compliance with all copyright, trademark, service mark and other similar notices on the site; and
- they understand that any materials, such as personal photos, that they post are visible to other community users and that we cannot prevent other users from copying or saving such materials.
- users may request the removal of any personal materials they themselves have posted. Such requests should be made in writing to the community moderator.
Explain and Electricity North West are registered with the Information Commissioner and are compliant with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018.